Take a Drive on the Wild Side!!
Looking to get out of the house for a safe adventure? Now you can with the new Toronto Zoo Scenic Safari. Take a tour around the zoo from the comfort of your own car, with your very own zookeeper commentary to learn about animals as you pass through the variety of zoogeographic areas!
Guests will be able to see the zoo from a whole new perspective, as they drive their own vehicles on staff-only roads, pedestrian walkways, and even through the lion cave in the African Savanna. Keep your eyes peeled at every turn, like you are on a real-life African safari – only this time, it’s with a variety of animals from around the world!
With the spread of the coronavirus appearing to slow across the province, they are set to open their scenic drive-thru experience on Saturday, May 23rd.
Tickets will go on sale at 11 a.m. on Friday, May 22nd and they MUST be purchased in advance.
The drive-thru experience travels 3.4 kilometres and takes around 45 minutes to an hour.
A car with two or less people will cost $32 for zoo members and $44 for non-members. A vehicle with three or more people inside will cost $47 for members and $59 for non-members.
What you need to know:
- BYOC (Bring your own car) Vehicle dimensions must not exceed 7ft. high or 9ft. wide
- Safari patrons will not be allowed to leave their car at any point during the Safari
- Washrooms will only be available prior to the safari
- The tour is approximately 45 mins
- Listen to a guided audio tour during your Scenic Safari through their Wild For Life podcast!
For more info click here: